Tuesday, May 26, 2009

The greatest Beer Garden in the World???




Our little Family Adventure has expanded into the Land of Bavaria, Deutschland! Last weekend over the Holiday, we drove through Switzerland on on into Munich! For a grand time visiting Family, and feasting on different cuisine all together... The only request my husband made was to Visit the FAMED Hoffbrau Haus!





With Beer served by the Liter you can imagine the lively atmosphere! The band was wonderful and with the rain just pouring outside, we poured inside, and it was well.... HOT, we were sweating and the air was stifling! Ever the friendly Germans, when you look for a spot, you just find one and sit, don't worry if you sit with strangers, after Prosting (like an American Cheers)your beer once or twice they won't be a stranger for long!




The Liter beers were a big hit, and the Band played on and on, the kids swayed and lifted their smaller pints of "soda" to the music, singing and cheering like they were drunken little hobbits!

Truly we have entered the Shire
hmmmm I wonder what to order, it is all so Deutsch, and sounds so delicious! The prices look terrific too... This is NOT LYON.... hmmm affordable food in Europe??? How much food will we get? I am hungry!

The sauerkraut was served as a starter, and truth be told. I must be the worst German... I generally do NOT like sauerkraut. I always always try it, as I feel I ought to like it, I know it is very healthy for you, and good for digestion. So I tried, and surprise, surprise, I loved the Haufbrau Haus' Sauerkraut! It was the BEST! How can I get this at HOME??? I want that recipe book I saw in the gift shop... hmmm

Here is my delightful meal! Roast pork and bread dumplings with an amazing gravy. There is a tremendous amount of food here. This meat is tender, and well seasoned, it is simply delicious! I wonder if the recipe is in the book....

Here is what my mother would call boulettan.... it is like a mini hamburger, but really more like a mini meatloaf... these were amazing... The potatoes are MOIST, with onion, and seasoning, and ooooo la la, that with the gravy ... wow... We really could have bought just ONE plate for our two hungry boys... as neither one could finish their plate! YES they both loved it! Don't worry NO FOOD WAS wasted.... My hungry Hungry husband was with us :)

My daughter ordered the goulash, and while this was very good, this Bavarian specialty, was sweeter than she likes, and had no spice what so ever. She was NOT excited... and so while tasty, and well done, I do not think it would be ordered again. Yes those are the famed bread dumplings, and YES she did enjoy those :)
The children were also indulged by their very Bavarian Uncle with a slew of wonderful Bavarian Pretzels :) There are lady's all dressed up in the famed Bavarian dress, and gentleman dressed in laderhosen too. The ladies carry around them a rope with a box attached (think the war cigarette girls) and in it are pretzel, and Bavarian heart cookies! These gals walk around the restaurant and you can flag the Madchen down and purchase one!
this place is definitely worth coming to! There is always song and merriment, great food, excellent actually, super beer, a good time guaranteed! You may come and MAKE some friends! Don't be surprised to see people singing, or dancing, even upon the tables!
Haufbrau Haus IS a place NOT to be missed, a place to make memories, and to really enjoy!
So thankful to have been able to come, and absolutely DELICIOUS, I need to get that cookbook!

No comments: