Tuesday, May 5, 2009

French Wine


Now, one could hardly call me a "wine connoisseur"... no not me... hardly ME....
I rarely touch the stuff... I generally answer when asked by physicians... "NO, I don't drink..."
When they press... and ask "how often"... my response... " I just do NOT drink..."
Yet it isn't quite true.. Every few years, I might have a taste or two... I don't know why or why not... I could say, it is because I am above it all...
I could pretend it was for some pious reason...
but I didn't really drink before my mighty conversion,
so nothing changed....
yet the husband made note last night... when I nearly spit out the vinegar he brought home last night...
that I am a wine connoisseur...
on a pour mans budget
He declared me a Wine SNOB
He slammed his righteous fist upon the dining table and demanded to know where I got that palate of mine to know what was, and worse still, what was NOT excellent wine... So much so, that I generally would not even touch wine unless... it was of a certain caliber...
could it be....
how could it be?
I don't know what I should and shouldn't like...
yet there it is...
I generally can pick a wine... I don't know why.
People generally like my wines, and I don't know why.
Even when I was a waitress, I could recommend a wine, and not know why someone would like it, but... they would
Well, I like these French wines... at least all the wines I have laid my hands upon...
Until last night
he brought something home, and I practically spit it out.... would not, could not drink another sip....
and when he suggested I just save it for my cooking....
WELL... YOU can NOT imagine what I thought about that.....!

No comments: