Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Villa Beef and Provence Rice !

Living in Lyon France for this little "business adventure" is not exactly easy on the budget, IF you know what I mean... and seeing as I LOVE food, LOVE to cook, have a butcher down MY street, and a great, and I do mean great Market 6 days a week just over the bridge, I am enjoying, and making the most out of my little French Kitchen... just in case you were wondering :)
For dinner last night I made Villa Beef and Provence Rice...
I forgot all about roasting my mushrooms
until I set my table... OOPS.. we all have our moments...
here as you can see I have sliced my onions fairly thin and layered my casserole dish with them. I needed two small to medium sized onions to do so.
here is my beautiful and lean cut of meat... I don't know WHAT it is... I asked the butcher, who is so kind, for Beef, he began pulling out cuts and I chose this one! He asked if I wanted it cut, I said NO!
I have seasoned it with a bit of soy,
fresh garlic about 2-3 cloves per side rubbed in,
some Herbs de Provence &
some Organic No Salt Seasoning (brought over from America-purchased @ Costco)
and a hint of freshly ground pepper
I then browned it in a pan with Olive Oil from Provence and a touch of butter...
To my Onions I drizzle Oil,
sprinkle Herbs de Provence
Organic no salt Seasoning
and here is a touch of wine... not the yummiest for drinking
but
JUST the thing to add to my onions
& later
to sprinkle
& YES I do mean SPRINKLE
upon my beef
My beef browning nicely!

adding beef to Onion,
drizzled the wine
a touch more Oil from Provence
a hint more herbs de Provence
and I cover this up and put into the oven
on LOW (VERY) about 75-100 in a Euro oven....
for a few hours (3)
(dreaming of a crock pot)
I chose red onions because they are pretty,
and I am using more Herbs de Provence in the rice and thought,
it would be a lovely presentation!
chopped them fairly fine...

Heated the oil from Provence.
Now seeing as this is OLIVE OIL and it has a LOW burn time, I am not heating this quickly... I am bringing this up to temperature slowly...
I am NOT in a rush...
I saute my lovely onions

I add my rice! Remember 1 part rice to 2 parts liquid...
I like using a Chicken stock ...
but have none today...s
o H2O it is!
It will still be delicious :)

Herbs de Provence

Sea Salt... YES I brought some from America..
The US $$ is only going sooo far right now
why buy when ya don't need to ?
My rice is ready, I add my seasonings, stir, stir, stir!!!

I add my two parts liquid... Bringing it to a BOIL!!!!!!!!!!
Cover
and let
SIMMER!!!!!
follow your package directions...
I choose to pull mine off before the allotted time, as I want mine moist :)
TaDah! Isn't it lovely?

The Villa Beef is Fresh out the Oven!!! hot hot hot

On the Table!!! It is tender, and Juicy, and simply lovely!
The Aroma is magnificent!

Beef with Rice
would NOT be complete while living in France
with out
Some wonderful Artisan French Bread
&
Chavre cheese to spread upon it!
Bon Appetite!
it's simply
Delicious!

1 comment:

Alicia said...

Mouth watering :)