Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Herbs de Provence Rice

This is NOT some fancy French recipe.. this is JUST mine.. my own little concoction that I mustered up to go with some fun pork chops one day while here in Lyon France!

White Long Grain Rice
Olive Oil
1/2 Onion finely chopped
1/4 cup finely chopped green onion
Chives
2 cloves garlic pressed
organic seasoning
herbs de provence
sea salt
chicken broth

Now, as this was the first time I made this, my measurements are zilch... sorry! Not only that but I failed to get a photo for you... next time :)

I first sauted the onion in Olive Oil til glistening, then added the rice and stired till, quite white and mildly golden in spots. This is when I added green onions, chives and garlic... another excellent addition IF I had had it would have been shallot, but, as it was... I had not any.... I stirred and stirred so as to NOT burn the garlic... there was a fair amount of oil so as to not stick to the pan, but not enough for this recipe to be ... let us say greasy... adding the seasonings and pleanty of herbs de provence... I can not say how much, please forgive me i was shaker happy! I love the smell, and I wanted this rice to be, fairly green, and enticing! I would shake a lot, and stir, shake some more and stir... perhaps 2 tablespoons, but i do not know, as it was shake it baby, shake it! O and some sea salt too :)

Pouring in some Chicken broth, yes water and boullion cubes will do just fine! enough to follow the recipe for the amount of rice you are cooking.. I generally use 1 part rice to about 2 parts liquid. Bring to boil, put lid on put on back burner and simmer.....

This was nice pulling off BEFORE it was dry, while still a bit liquidy, stirring up a bit, and I served it on a lovely square serving dish! so pretty! The Pork, was thicker sliced, also just rubbed with herbs, garlic, some soy, and gently cooked on both sides till quite white in the middle... All served with a nice salad, a french bread, this made for a lovely meal after Sunday Church!

No comments: