Monday, January 11, 2010

food depression...

is there such a thing?
may I have just COINED a new phenomenon?

yet there it is.
plain as day...

I am missing my foods...
and recently thrown into this NEW culinary world,
still struggling with energy levels,
and brain fog...

I want to confess to you dear reader..
even if there is NO one reading ...
that I am feeling blue..
I don't WANT to learn something new today...
perhaps tomorrow..
today...
I am weary..
today I wish I could order take out!

Today muddling through traffic to find myself at a whole foods
with three kids
did NOT sound like a good idea
so ...
we didn't do it..

Today the kids are eating
VERY bad for them Ravioli..
because
the Sexy Man I am married to
is far far away on a buisness trip...
and it's easy...

and as for me....
Taco Salad...
again...

it's NOT exciting...
at all....
it IS digestable...

It is
Newmans medium Salsa
Ground Beef (organic, browned & seasoned w/taco seasoning)
Iceberg lettuce (yes I KNOW it's not worthless, but have you SEEN how nasty lettuce is right now?)
Romaine lettuce (see it's balanced here I needed the other for the CRUNH ! )
RED tomato
green onions (oooooooodles chopped fine)
cilantro chopped fine
black olives (2-3 chopped fine)
Toss salad with everything in it...
boring but tasty... !

I used to add beans & corn & cheese & tortillas...
Now I added Iceberg for at least SOME crunch...
I thought of it... because ALL i wanted was a Taco Bell Taco...
crazy?
well... yea... I know.. but I thought about it..
and I can have everything BUT the cheese and the tortilla and the sour cream...
so I made it and put it in a bowl...
it's not bad...
but it's not...
Delicious....

suggestions welcomed..
prayers desired :)
I know...
I know...
THIS too shall pass..
and the twenty pounds I've lost in the past 2 weeks isn't chump change right?

2 comments:

Tonya said...

I actually get it from a lady in my church. She orders it for me and then I pay her. She just ordered 30 pounds for about 31! Where do you live? I know a friend orders some from someplace online. I will find out and get back to you!

sweetnika said...

i live in northern illinois...
it would be wonderful if you could let me know where you get it :)thanks!