Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Cream of Asparagus Extrodinaire


Yes, I just whipped this one up. God is so gracious to me. I have big time teeth issues right now, and am rather forced to eat a whole lot of soup or go hungry. An answer to prayer, the idea for this soup came to me one night, and I went to the store to get the ingredients to try it out, and WOW it is DELICIOUS! Truly, it is! My husband says I have outdone myself with this one. I give all the credit to the Lord, and thanks for that matter!


a whole lot of Asparagus

(cut off woody part, discard, cut off tips and place in separate bowl, chop rest up and separate bowl)

1 quart 1/2 & 1/2

8-10 Cups Chicken stock (with geletin)

parsley

dill

garlic

pepper freshly ground

sea salt

cayenne

1 large onion

4 stalks celery

flour

olive oil/butter


Cook chopped asparagus (leave reserved tips for later) in chicken stock till very tender. In large sauce pan, saute onion and celery in olive oil & butter till tender. Add flour to make a roux. Stir for a few minutes till nutty smelling, do not brown this ! Add cream stirring over medium heat. Meanwhile mince herbs in food processor, or with sharp knife. When asparagus is well cooked in stock add entire mixture to cream mixture by putting thru a food mill, so as to prevent the stringy asparagus to ruin texture of soup. Stir well. Add herbs and spices, and when flavor is just right, add asparagus tips to soup, cover and cook till tips are tender. Serve with fresh pepper and or cayenne pepper on the table. Be sure to have a nice loaf of homemade bread to go along with this recipe!

It is Fabulous and truly DELICIOUS !

Bon Appetite!

No comments: