Thursday, April 28, 2011

those Little Jalepenos...

Snuck over from our other Blog....
"The Cornforth Adventures..."


It all started with some banter on Facebook..
about a little Jalepeno...
and some recipe the ROCKED someone's world
(thank you Kelly D forever) 
see I love Jalepeno poppers with cream cheese
but can't eat them now because I am gluten free (waY bummer!)
RIGHT?
then ...this discussion... on Facebook..
all about
a recipe that was found, 
 if I remember correctly... on Pioneer Woman..?
but then..who knows for sure..
it WAS facebook banter after all
it got all cut up like this
 Yes Length wise...
please note..
i washed my little Jalepeno first...
and dried it too...
yes, my Little Jalepeno got a Little bath
 Then I scooped out the inners..
IF you prefer it ...
on the "spicy side"..
 leave some whites in it..
the whites give it more... KICK
 Be sure to have some BACON in the house..
It works well to cut your strip in thirds..
I did NOT believe this.. and so .. in this tutorial...
I do not SHOW it...
but the bottoms of my
LITTLE Jalepenos get a bit soggy..
it is better to just COVER your Jalepeno like a blanket and secure it with a tooth pick...
rather than wrap it like a baby in a blanket ...
which is what you see here.. though.. this will work IN a pinch..
and still . will make you so happy
the brand of bacon does NOT matter, just so long as YOU like it
 Cream Cheese..
I think this would also be amazing blended with Chavre..
you can add herbs.. like..
cilantro.. or
spices.. but well...
sometimes simple is best..
WOW
 add your cream cheese
 It really doesn't have to be all perfect. just smear it all in there.. be generous
 Do the bacon to it. either wrap it.. or cover it with a 1/3 of a slice and spear it in place....
set it ON a rack on a cookie sheet or some dish..
you want your Little Jalepenos to be OFF the dish..
because the grease from the bacon needs to drip
and you do not want it just..
well...
sittin in it
 stick it under the broiler
I used my fancy new toaster oven...
since I wasn't making a huge amount...
can you see how wrapping kept the bottom a bit soggy...
my eagerness to have MORE bacon.. really jeapordized the Little Jalepeno..
but fret not..
I have never made the mistake again..
I have a standing supply of toothpicks IN THE HOUSE now..
JUST in case :) 
 Check it out!!
There they are ...
Simple
&
Amazing.
Thank you to Kelly
&
to all the Facebook folk to partook in that LIVELY Jalepeno discussion
&
and to the Pioneer Woman..if you were indeed the launcher of this recipe
my tastebuds are all appreciative..
hope you enjoyed this tutorial :)
I can't WAIT to see my brother's face when he eats one :)

No comments: